Tool Maker - Westmeath
Company Overview: My client is a leading company in their field. Established in the 1970's, this indigenous Irish designer and manufacturer of bespoke special purpose automated machinery, has a reputable standing in Ireland's market. With clientele mainly in the automotive and medical devices manufacturing sector this business provides bespoke special purpose automated machinery to some of Ireland's largest companies. Expansion plans, and accelerated growth mean this company are seeking a tool maker to join their very successful team. With the ability to provide generous renumeration, and personal development opportunities, this role is not to be passed, apply below!
This position is based in our clients facility located in Westmeath. The key duties include:
- Collaborating with engineering teams to understand tooling requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings, blueprints, and specifications to create accurate tooling designs.
- Utilizing CAD/CAM software and CNC machinery to produce high-quality tooling components.
- Operating a variety of manual and automated machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders.
- Performing precision machining, grinding, and finishing operations to ensure tooling accuracy and functionality.
- Conducting tooling maintenance, including repairs, modifications, and adjustments as needed.
- Inspecting finished tooling for quality assurance, ensuring adherence to specifications and tolerances.
- Troubleshooting and resolving tooling-related issues to minimize downtime and optimize production efficiency.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide technical support and expertise during the tooling implementation process.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records of tooling designs, modifications, and maintenance activities.
- Relevant qualification in Tool Making, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in designing and fabricating precision tooling and fixtures.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM software and operating CNC machinery.
- Strong knowledge of machining techniques and tooling materials.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Solid understanding of precision measurement instruments and quality control processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a team environment.
- Salary: €45-55k
- Pension: 4%
- Healthcare contribution.
BMS Performance specialises in recruiting Engineering professionals, nationally. We'll enable you to develop your career. At the heart of our approach is listening. Getting to know you, your skills, experiences and most importantly what you want from your career.
We recruit within the Industrial, Manufacturing, Construction, IT, Engineering, and Corporate markets.
Call Ross Wilkinson to discuss further or to arrange an immediate interview!!
We have many other roles available so feel free to contact us to discuss how we can help you!