Specification Sales Manager
- UK leader in washroom solutions
- Ideal role for a B2B field sales professional looking for a step-up to specification sales
- No previous field based specification sales experience required!
- Forward thinking and innovative designs
- Opportunity to be involved with wide range of commercial building projects
- A fantastic career path for the right individual
- Team environment and opportunity to work from home!
THE ROLE: As a Specification Manager covering the South of the UK, you will be in front of Architects, Local Authorities, and End Users within commercial, health, and education spaces specifying an amazing range of washroom solutions such as cubicles, lockers & benches, and sinks. This is a new project based position where you will be tasked with winning specs, writing them up, and teeing up the Inside Sales Team to see them through to completion with the Contractors & End Users. 50% of your time will be on brand new build projects and the rest is retrofit and refurb. The Specification Manager will have access to Glenigans to produce leads and will be conducting CPD seminars both virtually & in person. This role is home-based and the majority of meetings and events will be conducted via video, however there is a requirement to be in face to face environments at least 15 times a month.
THE COMPANY: This organisation is a specification driven business who have a great name in the market for quality engineered products from their UK manufacturing base and UK sales office. They have an amazing company culture which is open, friendly, and driven by results. They have a track record of developing people's careers and bringing individuals into the business who are not the finished article. They have great training and development plans for their people and run their ship on trust, autonomy, and accountability.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have an appreciation of the specification sales process in construction
- Have sold a product rather than a service
- Ability to manage a pipeline of projects and long sales cycle
- A consultative, driven and professional salesperson with good attention to detail
- Understanding of commercial projects in construction sector, or washroom experience, desirable but not essential
Salary: £35,000-40,000 basic salary (DOE), plus 10% OTE paid monthly (can be doubled to 20%), company car or £6k car allowance, mobile, laptop, 25 days holiday, pension scheme
Location: Bristol, Swindon, London, Dartford