- UK & Ireland senior sales position covering Industrial & Healthcare sectors
- Opportunity to join a worldwide, £1bn organisation, with great career prospects
- Working with manufacturing, industrial & healthcare end users to provide solutions
- Selling a range of AIDC solutions including scanners, barcode readers, as well as RFID technology
- Selling through close partnerships with distribution/channel partners across UK & Ire
- Autonomous position - be accountable for your own output
Sales Manager UK & Ireland
The Role: The Sales Manager will spend most of their time in the UK but also has jurisdiction on the Irish business too. This is a stand alone sales role with no people management. Joining a larger EMEA team, the Sales Manager for UK & Ireland will be joined up with a Technical Sales Engineer to pro-actively target end users within the manufacturing, industrial, and healthcare sectors. The Sales Manager will be selling a range of barcode scanners, readers, and AIDC (automatic identification & data capture) solutions into these settings targeting a range of decision makers within those companies, understanding their requirements, and pushing the sale through a set of specialist distribution channels.
The Sales Manager will have complete autonomy to run the UK business as though it were there own. Supported by Marketing & Sales Support in Europe, the Sales Manager will report directly to the Sales Director EMEA and manage their own diary, workload, and set their own sales strategy. The Sales Manager will work on a project by project basis, with sales cycles usually being around 3-6 months in length. You will be able to support your client's requirements when it comes to scanning technology, understand what they're looking to achieve, and offer solutions off the back of it. This is a very consultative, technical sales role.
The Company: Established in the early 1900s, our client are a global organisation who are well known for their health & safety solution offering. They have a track record of developing people, giving great careers, and investing in their brand. This position sits within a subsidiary of the corporation and specialises within the barcode scanning and Auto ID industry. They are a global player, market leader, and have excellent infrastructure now they're a part of this much larger entity.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have a high-level, strategic sales approach with both end users & distributors
- Must have a track-record of selling technical devices into end users such as scanners, barcode readers, or other data capture technology
- Have a history of pushing sales through strategic distribution partners
- Organised, methodical, and strategic in approach
- Understands selling direct or through a specialist distributor
- A confident team player who wants to earn & have a long career
- A strong track record in new business wins is a must on anyone's CV
- Clean driving licence
Salary: Up to £65k Basic salary DOE + 30% OTE (year 1) - can be doubled on overachievement + Car (or allowance) + pension + 21 days holiday (rises with length of service) + laptop/mobile
Candidate Location: Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, London