Sales Engineer - Rail & Power
- Technical Sales Engineering position focused on the South West area
- Selling a range of cable management solutions, tools, and cable identification products to Rail & Power sector
- Area with established relationships and some big Key Accounts
- Superb benefits package and a company who invests in their people
- Specification-led sales process, longer sales cycles, and attention to detail required
- Autonomous position - be accountable for your own output
Sales Engineer - Rail & Power
The Role: As a Sales Engineer you will be covering the geographical region of the South West, excluding South Wales. This goes as far North as Gloucester and Oxfordshire postcodes and as far East as RG, GU, and PO postcodes. Our client are a major name in the manufacture of cable management, cable glands, electrical connectors and associated tooling for the Rail & Power sectors. You will spend 70% of your time dealing with Rail end users across infrastructure projects such as contractors and installers, as well as rolling-stock OEM companies. In addition, you will have the responsibility of the London Underground account and this role will see you spending a few days per month in London as a result.
Furthermore, the Sales Engineer will be selling into DNOs across the South West who have contractors working on the network and require your product offering. The Sales Engineer will also have the opportunity to explore the hire market as a revenue source through selling specialist tooling into hire companies who have niche activities within rail and power applications.
The Sales Engineer will also harbour relationships with specialist distribution businesses across the South West who deal within Rail & Power, around 40% of your revenue will be generated through this channel network so building relationships throughout the entire supply chain is vital.
The Company: Our client are a global leader with a UK manufacturing base which gives them a major edge over imported in competition. They are a business who put people first and genuinely look after their team through various flexible benefit schemes and salary structures. They are continuously developing new products for various applications and have a strong infrastructure to help their sales team thrive.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- 5-10 years experience selling into the Rail &/or Power Infrastructure sectors
- Must have a track-record of business development & specification-led processes
- Have sold to all decision making levels
- Organised, methodical, and strategic in approach
- Understands selling direct or through a specialist distributor
- A confident team player
- Clean driving licence
Salary: Up to £45k Basic salary DOE + £12k OTE (year 1) - can be extended on over-achievement + Commercial Pick Up Truck (tax efficient) + 5% matched pension + 24 days holiday + laptop/mobile + Life cover x3 salary + Healthcare after probation
Location: Bristol, Swindon, Bath, Exeter, Gloucester