Regional Business Manager
- Market leading global Manufacturer of electronic components
- Targeting T1, T2, and T3 Manufacturing businesses in the Sussex, Kent, and SE London regions
- Working closely with Applications Engineers to add real value
- Technical & design led sales process
- Very strong region in buoyant market
- Business looking to grow through new business
Regional Business Manager - Electronic Components
The Role: The role of Regional Business Manager will see you selling a range of electronic components used in a vast array of consumer & industrial electronics. Your role will be to deal with Design Engineers (50-60%), Applications Engineers, and Procurement teams within OEMs across the Sussex, Kent, and SE London regions of the UK.
This is a field based technical sales role where you will utilise face to face meetings, as well as video consultations, to get the most out of your clients needs. As this is a design led process the Regional Business Manager will be reading technical drawings, specifying product into new designs, and working on long-term stock plans as prototypes become standard designs. This area has around 160 live spending accounts and needs a new business mindset to grow that client base further and add real value in parts of their businesses that are untapped.
This is a predominantly new business, project focussed, role, but you will inherit a strong client base for account management and someone who is able to do both will do well in this position. The Regional Business Manager will act like a project manager across potentially lengthy sales processes that can last between 6 months and 3 years on average. This is a design led, technical, sales position which varies from day to day.
The Company: Our client is a European leader in the manufacture of electronic components used in a wide array of applications. They are going from strength to strength and are looking to grow their technical capability to give their customers a much better experience throughout the design stage of the process. They have recently invested in new premises in Manchester and are heavily investing in personal development for people coming into the business both professionally & technically. They have a strong sales & technical training programme where they have dedicated people onboarding people which takes 3-6 months, travel to Germany for head office training, and plenty of line manager support.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- A track record in field sales selling a technical product
- An Engineering background (mechanical or electronic) is desirable
- Understand Electromechanical or Electronic components & applications would be a real bonus
- Have the ability to have commercial & technical discussions
- Has the ability to read technical drawings
- A real people person who has good communications skills
- Full & Clean Driving licence
Salary: £40,000-45,000 basic salary DOE + £8k-£14k OTE + Pension + Company Car + Phone/Laptop + 22 days annual leave +stats + BUPA Healthcare
Candidate Location: Kent, Sussex, SE London