Sector: Events and B2B Media (Travel sector)
Location: Central London
Salary: £40k basic + team bonus (c. £15,000 - £20,000 in Year 1)
The Role: This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced event sponsorship and media salesperson to inherit a lucrative account base, generating revenue by selling multi-channel media packages. As a Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Selling event sponsorship, digital/print advertising, and sponsored content across an industry-leading B2B trade travel portfolio
- Targetting marketing decision makers within the travel sector eg. Cruises, Airlines, Tour Operators, Tourist boards etc.
- Overseeing the growth and renewal of key existing accounts (80%) as well as new business acquisition (20%)
The Partnerships Manager will be focussed on generating revenue within a portfolio of existing client relationships through a combination of up-selling, cross-selling and renewals, as well as prospecting for new logo opportunities. The key goal of this position is to develop long-term, strategic relationships with clients to understand their marketing objectives and create bespoke events and media packages to match their requirements.
The Company: Having been established over 70 years ago, our client is the longest running and most highly regarded B2B publication within the travel sector. They are passionate about raising industry standards and promoting diversity, inclusion, and sustainability across the sector.
This is a close-knit business with a strong focus on internal collaboration and team success which has helped them to overcome a challenging period for the travel industry, and ensured they bounce back to even heavier heights post-Covid. With plans to double the size of the team over the next 2 years, they are now looking to kickstart the growth of their London sales team.
Requirements: For this Partnerships Manager position, we are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- 3-5 years of B2B sales experience within the events or B2B media industry - background selling event sponsorship packages, digital/print ads, content marketing solutions
- Previous account management experience - growth and renewal of key, existing B2B client relationships
- A proactive, switched-on, and solution-orientated salesperson who is confident running the entire sales cycle from lead-gen to close.
- A mature, credible, team player with a desire to work towards team targets and bonuses.
Benefits of this Partnerships Manager role:
- £40k basic + OTE £15-20k in Year 1 (Team bonus)
- Central London office with hybrid working (2-3 days in office per week)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + pension