Key Account Manager
Key Account Manager (Commercial Manager)
- Join a company with huge growth - an increase from £20 million to £40 million turnover in 5 years!
- A company that is renowned for the quality, working with great brands, while being extremely focused on sustainability.
- A business model which empowers employees and provides a platform which encourages new ideas and big progression opportunities.
Company Overview: A family run, food to go business, established in 1979, where employees feel a warm and welcoming atmosphere and directors pride themselves on being hands on and approachable. This company has a great combination of experience and innovation, demonstrated by the rapid year-on-year growth along with exciting future plans.
Role Overview: As a Key Account Manager (Commercial Manager), you will be taking over a portfolio of 2 large accounts. Your role will involve service reviews at a number of their sites, planning and preparation for new location openings, along with new product launches. You will be meeting with regional managers, visiting each site with them, listening to any feedback and have the capability of solving any problems in a timely manner. Your goal will be to increase revenue of your account base by 5% each year, through increasing order sizes and bringing on new locations within the account. You will be paired up with a customer service agent, who will be assisting with the onboarding process and product orders. Your accounts will be based across the UK but travel will be ad hoc and this isn't a role where you will be up and down the country all week.
- Manage a portfolio of existing accounts, turning over £2 million - £6 million per year.
- Liaise with your customer service representative, who can support with the administration side, including onboarding new sites.
- See projects through from start to finish, beginning at the initial enquiry for a new product/site, all the way through to making it happen, which will involve managing ETA's, dealing with any order shortages, quality issues, failed deliveries, etc.
- Your role will involve managing any menu presentations, demonstrating new products, and making clients aware of any price changes.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience.
- Account management or project management experience.
- Food or production experience beneficial.
- Drivers license and comfortable with performing site visits as and when needed.
- Great at working as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build great relationships and present new products.
- You must live within 1 hour of Croydon
The Culture: A company filled with team players, who are all motivated to reach the same goal. With big growth plans, this is a company ideal for someone wanting to work with a company where progression, innovation and sustainability are all at the forefront. This is a family owned business, where ideas are encouraged, you will have autonomy over your working days, but hard work is expected.
- £40,000-£45,000 salary + 10% bonus (OTE)
- Flexibility to work from home
- Car allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on holidays
- Partnered with numerous companies, providing employee discount and rewards