Head of Sales
- Fantastic opportunity for a well-established, highly organised & effective Head of Sales to manage a field based sales team.
- Join a growing, ambitious company offering a premium portfolio of food products.
- Work for a business that will offer great career opportunities, and a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Head of Sales - London & the South East
The Role: This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced, commercial, target-focussed Head of Sales to join a well-established, highly successful foodservice business to make a real impact within their sales team.
Working closely with your team of Area Sales Managers and Business Development Managers, this is a true 'man management' role, where you will be involved in all aspects of managing and developing the sales team including setting targets, building account plans, training, client meeting support, performance management, building initiatives & incentives, & feeding back key market insight and information etc…
The team are split between account management & developing relationships with new potential partners, in a range of sectors, but predominantly within the HORECA, Pub, Education and Leisure sector, to sell the businesses premium, and ever growing/changing portfolio of food products including frozen, ambient, chilled, fruit and veg & soft drinks.
This role will require you to work closely with the team, understanding their needs and requirements, and identifying how to ensure each and every one reaches their potential. As with all management roles, the team will have a range of personalities and styles so you will need to be adaptable in your approach to bring out their best.
While the business is already successful, and is part of a larger multimillion pound organisation, there is a huge amount of potential for this organisation to increase their footprint in the regions that they operate in, and you will work closely with the Senior Management Team to implement various changes to drive the growth and development that they are looking to achieve.
Based from home, you will have autonomy and freedom to develop a strategic plan to hit the teams targets, though weekly travel to the head office in Newhaven will be required, so being within a reasonable distance of the office will be essential.
Requirements: To be considered for the Head of Sales role you must:
- Have a proven track record in managing a field-based team, with demonstrable experience in all the main areas of man management.
- Prior experience having worked within the foodservice sector is highly advantageous.
- Be highly motivational, strategic, organised and able to show where you have worked with a team to drive a new culture/company objectives/implement change.
- Be highly target driven, motivated, commercially astute, competitive, and adaptable, with the ability to work independently.
The Future: This organisation, while already very successful, still has vast opportunity to grow. The senior management team have ambitious plans for the business, and it is a great chance for someone looking to join a company and be an active and integral part of the change, development and success.
The Package for Head of Sales
- Basic salary circa £65'000 + 20% bonus
- Generous car allowance
- Mobile phone & Laptop
- Health care plan & company pension
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
The Company: A highly successful and growing business within the foodservice sector. Established in 1996, the business has gone from strength to strength, with an overall turnover of £48.3 million and ambitious plans to increase this. It is a truly exciting time to be joining this forward thinking and dynamic organisation with a passion for change.
Location: London & wider South East area - based from home.