Graduate Area Sales Manager
- World renowned brand & market leader
- Very rare entry-level sales role for major British manufacturer
- Working with national & independent plumbing wholesalers across Scotland
- Field sales position targeting plumbing contractors to generate business
- Top product & brand in the plumbing & heating world
Graduate Area Sales Manager
The Role: As a Graduate Area Sales Manager you will be covering the Central Belt + East Scotland area and your role will be targeting Plumbing Contractors across the region and selling a superb range of pumps, valves, temperature control and push-fit piping products via your Merchant & Wholesale channel partners. These would find themselves in commercial buildings, domestic settings, and high-rise accommodation applications.
You will build local relationships with contractors whilst ensuring your channel partners are very well looked after and serviced. 40% of your time will be account management which is more with the merchants, 60% will be generating demand with the end user contractors. This part of the role is activity driven, hosting trade-mornings in branches, 'skip chasing' projects on the ground, and training Branch staff in your product lines. This is an exciting, varied, and rewarding sales role for a major British manufacturing powerhouse.
In addition, you will be inducted into a sales training programme with BMS Performance alongside your development plan with our client. They will teach you the industry, products, how they sell, and give you loads of support from more experienced members of the team. The career progression routes for this Graduate Area Sales Manager are into Senior ASM, Key Accounts, or Specification roles - a real career is to be had here with a genuine market leader!
The Company: Our client is one of the world leaders in the plumbing & heating arena. They have built on last year's success and are looking forward to 2023/24 and the market opening up. They are a business with a lot of knowledge and expertise and are looking to enhance that in the Sales Team. This is a rare opportunity to come in at this level and they have a culture of developing people and pride themselves on longevity of staff and the training they put their people through.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have a hunger and desire to learn
- Want to build a career within construction sales
- Are a strong communicator, and great with people face to face
- Comfortable with a multi-channel approach, using face to face meetings, video calls, and phone calls to book meetings
- Activity & target driven
- Full Driving licence
Package: £25,000 basic salary + 15% bonus + Car + Pension + 25 days holiday