The role of Event Director: This is a new position within the organisation, designed to allow the business to add other channels that will support with the commercial targets that have been outlined. This role will be responsible for creating a best-in-class Event strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity our client are offering a multifaceted global role that will allow for new concepts to be created and large scale budgets to be utilised.
The Event Director will be responsible for a team of direct reports to help execute the plans. The first 3 months will include a complete audit of the existing event function (limited), meeting with senior stakeholders to establish key goals, and coming up with an appropriate global strategy to meet those goals.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Event Manager to take on a lead event role in a global business; or for a current Head of Events that wants to have full autonomy over a business’ global event strategy.
Day to day responsibilities of the Event Director include:
- 360 management of in person events with a focus on operations
- Commercial oversight and event strategy
- Managing event schedules, timelines and deadlines
- Supplier sourcing and management
- Large scale budget management
- Managing global event team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to deadlines
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and client executives
- Onsite event delivery
- Post event reporting
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Successfully created and delivered a commercial B2B event strategy
- You must have worked in Financial Services or Fintech space
- Worked closely with sales functions and understand how to work best with them
- Managed an events team (internal direct reports, international reports, and agency support)
- Experience of implementing broad, B2B, event campaigns from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal English skills (additional languages a benefit)
- Been the lead event professional in a regional or global role
- Keen sense of customer needs & preferences balanced against the competitive landscape & product positioning
The company: The company were formed 20 years ago and have continued to grow from strength to strength. This is the perfect opportunity for someone to take market a very exciting proposition, utilise the expertise, data and tech from the wider business and scale the organisation as one of its key leaders.
They are currently going through a hiring phase of more recruits into the marketing and sales and events teams. This is a great time to join.
This Event Director role is an integral position in the business to support business objectives being hit. This is for someone that has the strategic nous and desire to get their hands-dirty and build the first commercial event function for the business.
The package for the Event Director role:
- Great company benefits
Location: The position of Event Director will be based in London.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office, please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.