· Hands on sales position with leadership elements within rapidly growing organisation
· Selling Project Management as a service (PMaaS) to Defence industries
· Excellent change for service led sales professional to grow career quickly
· Career progression opportunities for those that want it
· Hybrid position within Bristol Office base and home working
· All encompassing role involving sales, operational fulfilment, and customer success
· Full training & development
THE ROLE: This Business Manager position is not your everyday sales role. Working for a global consultancy organisation, the Business Manager will be a part of the UK Division joining a team of c.300 employees split across offices in Manchester, Central London and Bristol. The Business Manager will be selling Project Management services into Industrial End Users & Manufacturers across the Defence sector in the UK. You will have the responsibility to market-map, discover business opportunities, and close projects. You will be building very close relationships with all levels of decision makers across multiple departments selling the benefits of the service offering for when they don't have capacity or the expertise required to achieve their operational goals.
The Business Manager will also have direct line responsibility for a number of Consultants who are the key personnel in the business who carry out the Project Management assignments you have won. You will work with them in deploying them within the end user's team, collating reports, and managing the direction the assignment goes in line with the Lead Consultant. The Business Manager will be responsible for the P&L, budgeting, and deployment of their Consultants across the business they win within the account base. The Business Manager will also have authority to recruit further Consultants as and when they build a big enough client portfolio of projects.
Furthermore, the Business Manager will also have overall responsibility for the customer success and ongoing client engagement with their account base. This will mean end to end account management, networking deep within the organisations, and ensuring governance regulations and KPI's are met.
THE COMPANY: Our client have doubled in size in the UK over the last two years and have ambitions to continue on that trajectory. They are a business who empower their people to grow organically and their Sector Heads were in Business Managements roles once upon a time. They have a UK headcount of around 300 people and are part of a global business model operating in over 30 countries and employing 2500 people. This role will give you the genuine opportunity to develop as a sales leader depending on your success in selling and growing your portfolio size. The larger the portfolio the busier you will become and as such the larger the support team will need to be, giving you the chance to lead your own team of Business Managers in the coming years.
Requirements: To be considered for the Business role you must have:
· B2B service sales experience, internal or external - preferably in an Engineering related industry
· Come from a background such as recruitment, law, engineering, design, accountancy, or similar consulting businesses
· Commutable to Central Bristol at least three days per week
· Understanding of selling a service and fulfilling it
· Able to pass UK security clearance checks
· Has an exposure to selling to the UK Defence sector
· Eager to learn, strong work-ethic, and a team player
THE PACKAGE FOR THE BUSINESS MANAGER:
Basic: Up to £45,000 basic salary DOE
OTE: £12k-15k year one (paid half yearly)
Benefits: Company Credit Card for Travel Expenses, laptop, Phone, 25 days holiday + stats, + pension + Healthcare