Business Development Manager - Solar
- Global manufacturer of automation & electrical products
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Targeting the Solar PV market
- Strategic New Business Technical sales role covering the UK
- Well respected business, superb company culture, very well thought of employer
Business Development Manager – Solar
The Role: As a Business Development Manager you will be selling a large range of Connectivity, Electronics, and Automation components into the Solar PV market across the UK. This is a brand-new role and the company have excellent case-studies of success in other subsidiaries in Europe where they have introduced this position. The Business Development Manager will strategically map out the UK solar PV market, both commercial & residential applications, and pro-actively target it supplying solutions for connectivity, surge protection, and monitoring.
The Business Development Manager will have lots of support internally from the likes of Product Managers, Marketing, and Inside Sales. You will build relationships at all levels both internally and externally to ensure products are specified in at design level and throughout the manufacturing or project cycle. You will have the autonomy to target the market in the way you see fit and be responsible for growing the UK market.
The Company: Our client operate globally with a European head office base. They are a well-known brand in the automation market and have a superb offering of different products to suit a range of applications. They have done well through the pandemic and are looking to now kick on in 2022. Their UK sales team have a close-knit vibe and work very well together. They are looking for an open-minded team player to join the business with an electrical background. They look after their people through ongoing training & development.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Come from Solar PV industry
- Have a track record in Business Development at a high-level
- Understanding of automation & control products would be ideal
- Have a background that shows a clear career path
- Professional in approach
- Full & Clean Driving licence
Salary: Up to £60k basic salary DOE + £8k-10k OTE Y1 + Car/Allowance + Pension + healthcare + 25 days holiday
Candidate Location: Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, London