Business Development Manager
- Extremely well known and prestigious brand within the alcoholic beverages industry, who have still managed to keep a family feel within the company
- High quality and great variety of drinks, which have received many nominations and accolades over the years
- Exciting growth potential within the next few years, with strong expansion plans as well as new, trendy brand partnerships being introduced!
The Role: The Business Development Manager will be selling high quality English mead, fruit, pinot noir and sparkling wines into the off-trade sector, with clients being ‘not on the high street’ independent farm shops, delis, National Trust visitor centres, venues and garden centres
You will be managing an existing account base of around 150 accounts, across the Midlands from the Wales border in the West, across to East Anglia, where most of your clients will be based in Birmingham, Leicester, Lincoln, Nottingham and the surrounding areas. In order to ensure your account base remains strong, you will be spending 20% of your time focused on new business development, due to the nature of independent retailers. The key to success will be building and maintaining strong relationships with business owners and store managers, who care passionately about their business, their customers, and the products they’re stocking. Most of your clients won’t be prioritising alcohol sales and the aim is to become their primary supplier, so category management is crucial – understanding which products within the range will fit their customer profiles best and ensuring stock levels are planned and forecasted accurately. This judgement enables you to add value and provide beneficial insights that will be fruitful in the long run in becoming their premier supplier.
The Company: Our client is a leading producer of niche premium alcoholic drinks. They are the number 1 producer of mead and fruit wine in the UK as well as the leading producer of premium English Pinot Noir and a selection of other English still and sparkling wines. They also offer a selection of award-winning gins and rums and fruit liqueurs.
Our client’s focus on constantly pushing boundaries, to trust their inventive instincts and champion creativity, to ensure they produce the highest quality wines and embody excellence when serving their clients.
For this Business Development Manager position, we are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Experience selling speciality, premium foods and drinks (such as cheese, teas, biscuits, and premium niche alcohol drinks) into independent retailers (such as visitor sites, castles, farm shops, delis, cafes)
- Presentable, easy going, personable, warm, relationship building, self-starter, structured.
- Awareness of category management
- Wanting to get out on patch and visit clients
Benefits of this Business Development Manager role:
- £30,000-35,000 basic, Bonus 10% (Bonus paid annually)
- Car or Car Allowance £3-4k/annually
- Mobile, Laptop, Pension
The Area: This role will cover the Midlands regions, from the Welsh border to East Anglia, with the majority of clients being based in Worcester, Warwick, Shropshire, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Peterborough, Cambridge.