Business Development Manager
Global leader in bathroom and washroom solutions
London, Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hertfordshire, Essex
up to £52,000 + company car + 15-20% bonus
- Ideal role for a high performing, construction field sales professional looking for a bluechip organisation
- Managing and driving business with major housebuilders and contractors in the region
- Forward thinking and innovative designs
- Opportunity to specialise within new build housing specification projects
- A fantastic career path for the right individual
- $multi-million turnover, around £135 million in the UK
THE ROLE: As a Specification Manager within this division of the business, you will manage a variety of customers and stakeholders across Major Developers, Housebuilders, Contractors, and Installers. You will be selling a very strong brand of showers, washroom solutions, and shower enclosures. This role will involve long term project management, a juggling of many hats and working on tender frameworks for specific product requirements. Working as part of a close knit and highly successful sales team, you will represent a profitable and forward-thinking washroom brand. The position will require you to demonstrate your understanding of specifiers and end users, from tender and brief through to managing contractors through the sales cycle. Key to success in this role is a proven track record of sales and strong sales process with effective communication techniques. Candidates from a blue-chip employer or large SME profile, with field sales experience, will be highly desirable and previous knowledge of housebuilders is not essential.
THE COMPANY: Established in the US over 100 years ago, the holding company is a global market leader in water and bathroom solutions. This division of the company has been established for over 100 years and has a focus on delivering affordable, quality and adaptable washroom controls to domestic buildings and the public sector. It is constantly diversifying in order to offer integrated and environmentally sensitive products. Its latest product launch is at the forefront of the category and unrivalled in its design.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- 3 years or more working in field sales within construction sector
- Have sold a product rather than a service
- Ability to manage a pipeline of projects and long sales cycle
- A consultative, driven and professional salesperson with good attention to detail
- Understanding of major developers and housebuilder clients is desirable but not essential.
Salary: £45,000 -£52,000 basic salary, plus 15-20% OTE, company car, mobile, laptop, 25 days holiday, pension scheme