Business Development Manager

    • New business hunting opportunity within the lighting component sector
    • Excellent earning potential - £75k+ OTE possible!
    • Working with OEMs & M&E contractors across the South East
    • Lots of support from internal teams and Product Managers
    • Multiple product ranges with a range of applications
    • Thorough induction programme with ongoing training & development in Europe

    Business Development Manager

    The Role: Our client are a distribution organisation who specialise in lighting components, controls, and drives and deal with the vast majority of the UK lighting OEM market. As a Business Development Manager you will be covering the South East area spending 70% of your time with OEMs customers, designing in products and systems into their new lines. The other 30% of your time will focus on M&E Contractors as they install said lighting and systems into their end users. This is a sales led role where pipeline creation and management is key to success. The area covers as far north as Northampton, East towards Norfolk, and West towards Oxford.

    The Business Development Manager will be conducting 3-5 calls per day with OEM clients and meeting them face to face as well as online where necessary. There is a good split of business between 'quick wins', where deals can be closed there and then, and 'project sales', where the design process takes longer. You will have full access to CRM, data, and leads generated as a BDM. This role will suit any applicant who has the hunger, drive, and determination to succeed in an electrical OEM environment.

    The Company: This client is a major distribution organisation within the lighting components sector. They have many exclusive agreements with major manufacturers across the globe to sell within the UK. They want to look after their people, create careers, and develop people - this is why the BDM role has come to the fore, due to internal promotion. Their bonus scheme is incredible, they operate a car allowance scheme to be super flexible, and their company culture is one of driven, passionate, individuals - sound like you? Apply below.

    We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:

    • Can demonstrate a track record in selling to OEMs and/or M&E Contractors
    • Understanding of the sales process and specifying product into complex projects
    • Have a passion for activity driven new business
    • Coming from an electrical or industrial background
    • Professional in approach
    • Full & Clean Driving licence

    Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 basic salary DOE + £20k+ OTE (Uncapped) + Car Allowance + 25 days holiday + pension scheme + Healthcare scheme

    Candidate Location: Kent, Sussex, Surrey