Business Development Manager
- Solutions based, new business sales role targeting end users & contractors
- Well established business in the fire & security sector
- Great family-feel organisation with excellent internal infrastructure to support you
- Midlands & South territory
- New role for the business as they grow their sales structure
- Uncapped, quarterly, commission scheme in place will reward top-earners well
Business Development Manager
The Role: The Business Development Manager will be targeting a host of Commercial End Users, as well as a range of Contractors in the construction sector, with a superb design, install, and maintenance fire & security solution. As a Business Development Manager your main task will be to build a portfolio of prospective projects as quickly as possible and work closely with the Project Management and Estimating Teams to turn site visits into quotes, and quotations into projects. The Business Development Manager will do this through a variety of methods such as telephone calls, video meetings, site visits, and webinars. The Business Development Manager will be hungry, tenacious, and be a relationship building, consultative, sales professional who is used to longer sales cycles as some projects can take up to 12 months to turn around.
You will split your time evenly between targeting Contractors who are working on projects to install security systems into large building assignments, and end users such as retailers, hotel groups, restaurants, blue chip & SME businesses who have a requirement for a new or updated fire & security solution.
This is a Midlands & Southern based role to start with - over time, as the sales team grows, the Business Development Manager's area may get smaller as more people are brought on board. You will have autonomy to target the sectors of your choosing and will run the area as though it's your own business.
The Company: This family-run systems integrator are growing rapidly as they have done very well over the last two years and now have the infrastructure to take on more projects and build the business further. They are an inclusive team, have a great culture, and reward their employees well with uncapped commission schemes. They have good longevity within the business and really look to look after their people by creating the right environment for them to thrive in.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have a new business development track record in B2B sales
- Understand selling in a consultative manner and have sold solutions before
- Come from a background of selling to Main & Sub Contractors OR into B2B Commercial End Users
- A background in the fire & security sector is a benefit to the role
- Full & clean driving licence
Salary: £40k-45k DOE + 40% Uncapped OTE + Hybrid Car (Or Allowance) + 20.5 Days Holiday (+ Stats) + Pension + Mobile + Laptop
Location: Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton