Business Development Manager
- BDM role for a rapidly growing organisation in the plant hire sector
- Clear career progression & huge earning potential
- Existing database to target as well as strategic new business leads
- Huge growth plans for 2023/24 to double 2022 business size
- Opportunity to develop career, & earning potential, quickly
- Uncapped OTE
- Great chance for a new business driven construction sales professional to sell tech solution
Business Development Manager
The Role: The new opening for a Business Development Manager is a vital position to our client's growth strategy for 2023 and beyond. You will be selling the service of a brokerage for plant hire & waste removal services for the construction industry to end user clients such as Contactors, Sub-Contractors, Facilities Management companies, Local Authorities, and other End Users across the Midlands. Our client can source and deliver anything required on site from a range of supply agreements with their partners such as heavy plant, accommodation, powered access, waste management and site security products amongst many others. Put it simply, it's a much more efficient plant-hire & materials procurement solution for Contractors & end users.
Covering the Midlands (East & West), this new business focussed position will see you build a portfolio of clients, and also inherit small account base to get you started, by utilising your historic customer relationships to hit the ground running whilst using their data from the last few years. You will build relationships, talk people through the solution, and show added value to end user site processes. The business has an open company culture and teamwork is vital internally & externally. There is job flexibility and a genuine career pathway for those that want it as well as a very lucrative earning potential. Your main aim as a Business Development Manager will be to gain orders from prospective clients, get them onboarded with the Hire Desk, then continue to nurture them for 12 months in order to get the most revenue possible from them before passing to the Account Management Team.
You will be supported by the Internal Sales Team, Hire Desk, and Marketing to be as successful as possible. The Business Development Manager will be joining an existing team of three in other areas of the UK and this is a 'fresh' area where there is no internal competition.
The Company: Established in the mid-90's, our client are a well recognised brand in the plant hire market and offer a completely different solution to your 'traditional' plant hire business. They're a broker, don't own any assets, and offer a same-day delivery service throughout the UK. They have an extremely open & honest working culture where transparency is key and clear communication is championed. They have a track record of promoting from within and have a superb bonus scheme and package.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- New business focussed B2B sales professional from the construction sector
- Pro-active mindset, strong relationship builder, tenacious in approach
- Understands commercials of new business development
- A confident team player who wants to earn
- A strong track record in new business wins across the Construction sector is a must
- Clean driving licence
Salary: £40k - £50k Basic salary DOE + £25k uncapped OTE (year 1) + £6,000 Car allowance + pension + 22 days holiday (plus birthday off) + laptop/mobile + pension scheme
Candidate Location: Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Wolverhampton, Coventry