Business Development Manager
- Business Development Manager role for an SME with a five-year growth plan
- Joining a business who has a carbon neutral target to hit by 2030!
- Working with independent merchants who are part of the major buying groups
- Working closely with senior leadership team to implement & drive strategy
- Selling a quality product sourced in multiple ways
- Fully autonomous role
- Up to £50k basic salary + 20% bonus + Hybrid Vehicle
Business Development Manager
The Role: BMS Performance are working in partnership with an emerging business in the porcelain exterior tile market to on-board a dynamic, pro-active, and commercially astute Business Development Manager to work with the leadership team to drive a sales strategy which will achieve an ambitious growth plan over the next five years. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for targeting new & existing buying group members within organisations such as FORTIS, IBC, and NMBS across the Midlands & Northern region of the UK.
The Business Development Manager will be selling their extensive range of exterior Porcelain Tile products. With a strong infrastructure and warehousing base in York, and group offices in Lancashire, you will be fully supported in driving business growth. You will be in an 80% new business capacity to start with, utilising your contacts & industry knowledge to set up new relationships with independent channel partners, work with them to implement new marketing & POS across branches, and to support them with selling your product.
There will be plenty of travel to cover this area, it will involve nights away per week, and is an activity driven position. Strong territory management skills will therefore be required and a working knowledge of buying groups & independent merchants is a must.
The Company: Our client have an ambitious growth plan which they are already in the process of implementing. They have just invested in a new Sales Director who is now embarking on a team build to capitalise on the plan. They are a growing organisation and have a real company culture of togetherness, hard work, and teamwork. They are a business who are looking for a forward thinking sales person to really execute the sales plan and make a strategic impact on the future of the business for the long-term. Our client are very environmentally conscious and have a sustainability plan where they aim to be carbon neutral by 2030.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven track record in Field Sales selling to Buying Groups & Independent Merchants
- Ideally come from a landscaping product background
- Passionate about sustainability & environment
- A history of new business success
- Experience of onboarding new branches
- Full & Clean Driving licence
Salary: Up to £50,000 basic salary + 20% OTE + Hybrid Car + Private Medical + Pension + 25 days holiday
Candidate Location: Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Nottingham