Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive - UK
Sector: Legal Research and Media
Location: Central London - hybrid working
Salary: £30-32k basic + OTE £50-60k (in Year 1)
The Role: An exciting and lucrative position for an up-and-coming B2B salesperson looking to take the next step in their sales career. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with some of the most reputable law firms in the UK. As a Business Development Executive (BDE), you will be responsible for:
· Selling legal research, information, and digital advertising opportunities across an industry-leading legal brand
· Generating new business opportunities, through self-generated prospecting and by leveraging long-term client relationships.
· Targeting Partners and Heads of Sales or Marketing within UK-based law firms.
The incoming BDE will be focussed on generating new revenue through a combination of cold calling, emails and social selling (Linkedin etc). Thanks to the business' strong reputation amongst law firms, you will be pitching to businesses who are familiar with the product offering but, nonetheless, will still need to be proactive in your approach, and hungry to renew lapsed relationships. The incoming BDE will be an energetic, intelligent, confident communicator who is eager to learn and develop their new business sales skillset.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel across the UK to attend events and network with prospective customers. This is a hybrid role with 3 days a week in the London office.
The Company: Established over 35 years ago, our client is a market leader within the legal publishing, rankings and research space. They produce a number of highly regarded publications and events, providing quality insight and networking opportunities for the largest law firms in the world.
This role is working on our client's most successful and prestigious portfolio, a legal directory and rankings provider with an impressive global reputation. The incoming BDE will be joining an expanding team of confident salespeople who have been thriving in a trusting and lucrative environment.
Requirements: For this Business Development Executive role, we are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- 2 years of B2B, new business sales experience
- A background in a corporate, professional services environment is ideal. (Eg. BI, data or SaaS)
- Knowledge of the legal sector is desirable but not needed - full sector training provided.
- A proactive, target-driven salesperson, who looking to take the next step of their sales career within a stable yet lucrative team.
Benefits of this Account Manager role:
- £30-32k basic + OTE £50-60k (in Year 1) - Uncapped
- Excellent training, career development within a fun, sociable office environment
- 20 days holiday + Christmas/New Year period off