Area Sales Manager
- World renowned brand & market leader
- Account management role with Merchants & Small Housebuilders
- Working with national & independent distribution accounts
- Excellent level to kick-start long-term career with this company
- Northern territory with North West focus
- Part of a wider team of 3 in the region
- Growing market - growth role for this business!
Area Sales Manager - Heavyside Building Products
The Role: As an Area Sales Manager you will be working with, and selling to, a number of national and independent Builders Merchants across the North West region. The Area Sales Manager will be growing their account base by implementing new products, promotions, and generating demand with Contractors & SME Housebuilders to grow sales across the region. 50% of your time will be following up on leads from Housebuilders, generating demand with them, and then pulling the sell via the Merchants across the area. This is where the Channel Sales Manager will spend the other 50% of their time working with branches on trade mornings, engaging with their customers, and training them to push your product on your behalf, turning them in to a true 'force multiplier'.
As this role is working for a manufacturer, you will be selling a range of fibre-cement building products used in housing and commercial projects such as external cladding systems for houses. All sales will be back-sold through the merchant network so a strong understanding of this route to market is ideal for this position. This is a field based role so you will be expected to see around 6-7 Contractors/Housebuilders per week and make between 6-7 visits to your Merchant base.
The company has a track record of training & development so you will be fully supported. The role has come about due to significant investment into the headcount as the North is growing so quickly, so it's a great opportunity to learn this sector as long as you have the attitude, desire to do well, and the ability to learn quickly.
The Company: Our client is a globally recognised brand in the construction products world. A multi billion dollar entity, they are a company who have a strong company culture and live & breathe their values. They are looking for like-minded people who have backgrounds in merchant selling and have a work ethic, drive, and passion to match.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have a good track record of B2B field sales
- A desire to want to sell construction products
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understands the supply chain in the market, or be prepared to learn it quickly
- Activity & results driven
- Full & Clean Driving licence
Salary: £35k- 42k DOE + 20% bonus (can be doubled) + Company Car + Pension + 24 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays) + Phone + Laptop