Area Sales Manager
- World renowned brand & market leader in fixings, fastenings, and anchors for construction applications
- Long-standing sales team, a company who look after their people
- Very well ran Northern area, available due to promotion
- Working with end users such as roofing contractors, cladding installers, and main contractors
- Also selling through merchants, resellers, and associated manufacturers
- Joining a team where culture, trust, and pulling together are everything!
Area Sales Manager
The Role: The Area Sales Manager position has come about due to an internal promotion in the Northern territory. The Area Sales Manager will inherit a very well established area which has in excess of 100 spending accounts on it and a variety of end user business and reseller channels. You will be selling a range of UK & European manufactured fixings, fasteners, and concrete anchorage products which are used across a range of construction applications such as roofing, cladding, and infrastructure projects.
The Area Sales Manager position is covering their 'Northern area' which includes the North East, Cumbria, Lancashire, North, East, & West Yorkshire. 75% of your time will be dealing with the Contractors, Installers, and specialist sub-contractor business, selling direct. 25% of your time will be working with the resellers, these could be specialist fixings distribution businesses or other manufacturers in the building envelope world who would use these fixings & fastening products as part of their wider offering.
The beauty of this position is the company itself and the team you will be joining. They have a team who has great longevity, a wealth of experience to share, and the infrastructure in the UK to train their clients & staff a like in their solution offering. The Area Sales Manager will be given time to settle in, understand the products and market, and be supported throughout that journey.
The Company: Our client is a global business who have been around for in excess of 100 years. They have manufacturing sites across the globe and most importantly, in the UK. They have invested heavily in their premises in recent years which give them a stat of the art manufacturing, training, and sales facility in the North of England. Their team ethic is incredible, they have a large number of their staff who have been there in excess of a decade and they genuinely make their people feel part of the family, treat each other with respect, and have a trusting partnership with their employees which breeds productivity and a common goal.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have a track record in selling into the construction industry
- Have appreciate for selling on-site, as well as remotely
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- May have a background in façades, building envelope, roofing, or fixings
- Understands the supply chain in the market - distribution/fabricators/end users
- Activity driven, understand commercials, and can back up figures
- Full & Clean Driving licence
Salary: £42k-48k DOE + £3k-5k bonus (with added multipliers) + Car (Hybrid/Electric/Petrol options) + Pension + 25 days holiday
Location: Leeds, York, Newcastle, Preston, Carlisle