Area Sales Manager
· Territory field sales role across the West Midlands and Wales region
· Selling market leading range of power tools for metal & wood working sectors
· Engineering led sell, technical, consultative sales position
· Relationship building with end users, pulling sales through dealers
· Long-established company and great brand across the world
· Growth role which shows investment in the future
Area Sales Manager
The Role: As an Area Sales Manager you will be selling a highly engineered, and well established, brand of specialist power tools used in metal working & wood working applications across Staffordshire, Shropshire, Wales, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, and the West Midlands. The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for growing around 200 spending dealer accounts whilst bringing on new customers in the region. The role is fully autonomous and trust is key as you will be effectively running the area like your own business. In addition, the Area Sales Manager will have support from a Technical Area Manager who will provide engineering assistance and can be brought in on joint visits where a technical demonstration is required depending on the application.
The Area Sales Manager will have support from the directors, marketing, and other ASM's in the UK. You will have autonomy on pricing, promotions, and rebates which put commercial decision making firmly in your hands. The Area Sales Manager will have the independence to target end users as they see fit depending on the applications of their product groupings. This could be fabricators, automotive manufacturers, and foundries etc.
Requirements: To be considered for the Area Sales Manager role you must:
· Have a track record selling an engineering led product
· Be a natural relationship builder
· Understand selling through dealers/merchants
· Ideally come from a power tools, abrasives, or engineering product background
· Be an effective communicator & negotiator
The Company: Our client have been established for over 150 years and are a major player in the sector globally. They have a very established UK presence and look after their people. They have sales tenures in excess of 12 years in most cases. They are at the forefront of product development and are making waves in the industry with new safety-led product launches and innovative engineered designs to continue to be market leading.
The Package for Area Sales Manager is:
· Basic: up to £40,500 DOE
· OTE = 15% (can be doubled)
· Benefits: 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Company Car, laptop, mobile
Candidate Location: Birmingham, Stoke, Worcester, Cardiff, Telford