Senior Business Development Manager
REF: JN -062022-168521_1655976957
This latest opportunity as a Senior Business Development Manager is a vital role for our client. You will be selling adhesives and lamination into multiple new target markets identified through intensive market research. You will be connecting with sales directors and R&D teams to identify their challenges and present a business case analysis for our clients’ products, using the stage gate process. The onus of this role is to increase the customer base and cross-sell to grow the sales revenue of the company, in a planned and logical way.
- Global company championing technology, which enables them to provide high quality products that provide solutions to complex challenges
- Exciting growth plans to grow from circa £20 mil turnover to £30mil within 5 years, where this role will be a crucial driving factor in achieve the strategic objectives
- Highly reputable company, which is looking to expand into exciting new industries, focused on building into international markets
Senior Business Development Manager
The Role: This latest opportunity as a Senior Business Development Manager is a vital role for our client. You will be selling adhesives and lamination into multiple new target markets identified through intensive market research. You will be connecting with sales directors and R&D teams to identify their challenges and present a business case analysis for our client’s products, using the stage gate process. The onus of this role is to increase the customer base and cross-sell to grow the sales revenue of the company, in a planned and logical way.
This is a home-based role, working with international clients around the world. Therefore, the role will require an ability to travel to meet clients and attend conferences/trade shows – as you manage your own diary, most of this will be self-directed.
The Company: Our client is one if the most recognised and trusted names in the card industry globally, due to their ethos of technical quality, innovation, and commitment to service delivery. Having been established for 20 years, they serve clients in over 55 countries, and their products are etched into 1/3 of credit and smart cards around the world! As a global company who champions technological innovation and continually look forward, they have been able to release products that support new developments, better performance, longer life and solutions that answer the specific challenges presented to them by their customers. Now, they want to strategically expand into new markets where significant growth opportunities have been identified. The vision is to grow their company turnover from £18m to £30m within 5 years – this role is crucial in achieving that objective!
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Confident in building and maintaining rapport with a string of high-profile clients around the world.
- Able to interact with clients on both a technical and commercial level.
- Experience of business development selling technical / physical goods within manufacturing organisations.
- Selling to “breakout” customers outside of their traditional markets, is an advantage.
- Knowledge and background of adhesives & lamination products and applications are beneficial.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements associated with growth into new markets and international clients (including travel).
- Follows processes and procedures reliably, suggesting improvements where necessary.
- Understands the Stage Gate Process of Product Development
- Excellent communicator who is confident and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Assured when handling multiple priorities across short, medium and long time frames, which requires excellent time and project management skills
The package: £70,000 basic; £20-25k bonus. Car Scheme, private health care, pension included (after 6 months); 25 days holidays.