Health and Safety Advisor
REF: JN -092021-163537_1632133402
Health and Safety Advisor – Limerick
Well known, successful civil engineering contractor, with an envious portfolio of work in the Civil engineering space, seek a Health and Safety Advisor as part of their current expansion phase.
Established for over 15 years, our client is one of Irelands fastest growing civil engineering contractors. Boasting an envious portfolio of projects in the water and wastewater, roadworks and street rejuvenation space, our clients innovative approach and civil engineering expertise has been a huge factor to their success. As a result of their continued success, they now seek to hire a Health and Safety Advisor to join their growing team in Limerick
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be based in Limerick:
- Responsible for planning, advising and implementing health and safety initiatives on site
- Vetting of all new suppliers and contractors to ensure they meet the H+S and quality standards set out
- Ensure a safer working environment through site audits and risk assessments.
- Tasked with implementing all health and safety programmes for assigned site and providing introductions to all site personnel and H&S and Manual handling training where necessary
- Manage a team of health and safety advisors on site
- Document all incidents and near misses and carrying out corrective actions on such.
- Take responsibility for introducing and communicating HSE awareness, responsibility and change of culture in line with the EHS organisational strategy.
- Represent the company at client and site meetings
The successful Health and Safety Officer will have strong track record working as a health and safety advisor:
- Hold a relevant qualification in health and safety
- Prior experience working in the utilities industry is desired
- Salary: €40k – €52k (flexible depending on experience)
- Company vehicle
- Mobile phone and laptop
BMS Performance specialises in recruiting Engineering professionals, nationally. We’ll enable you to develop your career. At the heart of our approach is listening. Getting to know you, your skills, experiences and most importantly what you want from your career.
We recruit within the Industrial, Manufacturing, Construction, IT, Engineering, and Corporate markets.
Please call our consultants to arrange an interview.
We have many other roles available so feel free to contact Shauna Boland to discuss how we can help you!