Service Delivery Manager - Electrical and Mechanical Solutions
Our client is a global hardware manufacture with over 100 technical product offerings driven by a software element.
- – Melbourne Based
- – Market Leading Organisation
- – Great Culture
Service Delivery Manager – Electrical and Mechanical Solutions
- Melbourne Based
- Market Leading Organisation
- Great Culture
$110,000 – 125,000 Base + Super + Bonus
The Company: Our client is a global hardware and software manufacturer who are at the forefront of innovation and customer experience across Government, Corporate and Education clients.
You will be joining a company who has an extensive range of solutions across both hardware and cloud software, some of which include security, self-service kiosks, administration, inventory management and payments.
With offices around the globe and a dynamic and innovative team based locally from their Melbourne offices, you will be given all of the support and tools needed to make this role a success and build a long-term career.
As the Project Engineer, you set the daily priorities of the ANZ Customer Service, Project Management, Field Service and Support Desk teams. You will report into the COO who is based internationally, work closely with the local Managing Director, your Operations Management peers as well as with Supply Chain, Finance and, on occasion with Product Management and Research & Development to get products and processes improved and problems fixed.
Ultimately, your role is to “take over” once the sale has taken place to ensure seamless execution an ongoing customer experience.
The Project Engineering Manager will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties:
- Design, control, and manage the technical process and operational integrity of installations and technological services provided
- Act as local point of escalation for sales and all other non-operations staff for any customer, project or supply chain issues
- Set daily priorities for local operations staff maximizing staff utilization, provide feedback and measure performance
- Lead and manage the team to undertake root cause analysis of issues and identify preventative measures and commit to pursue better technical and operational solutions for customers
- Liaise and set expectations with all departments (sales, supply chain, project mgmt., support, field services and others) to bring onboard customers successfully and ensure ongoing satisfaction throughout the customer lifecycle
- Assist in continuous improvement as defined by global operations
- Manage and monitor operations-related revenue, margins and cashflow in line with budget expectations
- Assist in efficient local inventory management of service parts
- Provide input to global operations department managers for performance review preparation
- Promote and champion new ways of working with internal and external partners to achieve more effective and customer-focused levels of service
- Management of any other third-party providers of onsite engineering services ensuring their commitment to SLAs and customer service excellence.
To be considered as a suitable candidate, it is essential that you have held a similar role within technical engineering space (i.e., access control, materials handling, manufacturing or other engineering based solution). You will need to have worked in operations management where your projects have involved both software and hardware and you’ve lead teams across various divisions to deliver a project.
It would be advantageous if you’ve dealt with Government or Education clients.
It is imperative that you’ve got excellent written and verbal communication skills, whilst having a technical aptitude is a key element of this role, your ability to mentor, lead and develop a team is paramount.
Required Skills and traits
- Most Important Thing: Mechanical and/or Electrical technical engineering experience
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Possesses a technical and process-oriented mindset
- Trustworthiness as a role model for others
- Enthusiasm and capacity to learn quickly
- People (team) development skills
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
BMS Specialise in recruiting sales professionals in the FMCG, Business to Business and Industrial markets, we have many unadvertised positions, so if you are actively looking or just dipping your toe in the market then feel free to call.
If this position sounds of interest the click apply now or call 02 9434 2100.