Senior Marketing Manager Insight, Analytics, CRM
REF: JN -052018-141624_1526492605
Senior Marketing Manager Insight, Analytics, and CRM
Up to 50k plus benefits
- 150 year old financial services / insurance provider
- Not for profit organisation
- Established and expanding marketing team
The role exists due to a strategic imperative to drive an actionable customer/member led marketing approach that enables the development of relevant, targeted propositions, effective marketing campaigns/activity and good quality business decision making.
With our member environments changing, the Group needs to adapt with new and better member solutions to ensure we achieve our business plans, and our objective of improving the lives of our members. You will use your understanding of our affinities, gained from data, the wider business and customer/member research, to advise business areas on areas of opportunity and areas for improvement
This role will lead, define and implement our approach to insight, analytics and CRM management, member contact, data capture and informing overall affinity campaigning (acquisition) and journey planning (retention and engagement) seeking out new approaches and model ways of working to ensure that we are truly using our most valuable asset of customer/member insight and data for the benefit of the business and the member
- To work with the Director of Marketing and Heads of Department to build a clear strategic vision for Marketing Data, Insight and CRM
- To evolve, improve and execute the insight, analytics and CRM strategy to deliver positive experiences for our different Affinity groups.
- To lead and deliver data segmentation, personalisation and targeted data points to ensure customers /members receive relevant and engaging content to increase the value in their relationship
- To be an expert on customer/member data/insight and provide regular insight to the Marketing teams and the wider business that assists in the planning and development of campaigns and broader activity
- To own and lead the insight, analytics and CRM strategic and operational programmes for Marketing
- To lead the analysis of data in order to establish customer/member behaviour and trends to inform business wide projects, marketing activity and business improvements
- To lead the annual Brand Tracking survey across both affinities
- To understand the key patterns in customer life cycles, including acquisition, retention and life time value and educate the wider Marketing team as to the utilisation of information to deliver the Marketing objectives/KPIs
- To design the Insight, Analytics and CRM campaigning approach across CVI, EVT, NBA and Propensity modelling and transition that into all marketing and operations teams as appropriate
- Design and own member contact rules and ensure adherence across the business
- Work across the business to improve the understanding of Marketing specific data, its importance for the business and how it can inform key decision making.
- To manage the processes around data capture, importing, cleansing, enhancement and data segmentation to ensure our database becomes an increasingly valuable and user friendly resource.
- To work with the Head of Brand and Proposition and Affinity Marketing to ensure that all campaign activity is effectively executed through appropriate channels
- To work in conjunction with the Head of Brand and Propositions to develop and implement customer data acquisition strategies across all channels to increase our affinity databases.
- To evaluate and monitor activity/campaign results and business performance, identifying potential shortfalls against target and recommending activity to address these shortfalls
- To implement an empowering and continuous improvement culture, to expand the marketing scope and approach
- To effectively manage the marketing budget, prioritising spend on key activities and promoting ‘test and learn’ culture as appropriate
- To innovate and instigate a model approach to the reporting of commercial MI within marketing for conversions and ROI metrics, ensuring that all activity is measured, analysed and reported on for continuous improvement and to ensure positive ROI
- To embed the use of Customer Zones within the department and potentially the wider business as appropriate through the use of KPI metrics
- To manage appropriate budget with a view on maintaining efficiencies and value
- To lead and mentor the Insight, Campaign Data and CRM Manager to set objectives, manage review processes and develop their skills within the Data, insight and CRM landscape.
- To build, manage and maintain strong relationships and communication within the organisation esp. IT and Data and with external providers.
- To manage our data protection policies and processes, in conjunction with the agreed Regulatory framework