Senior Category Buyer - Beers, Wines, Spirits
REF: JN -022021-160686_1613990240
As a Category Buyer, you are responsible for the sales and profit of the Beers/Wines/Spirits category by ensuring the range, merchandising, stock and commercials (buying, selling, pricing) are in line with company policy and the stated, defined plan.
- Multi Award Winning Wholesaler
- Based in London
- Full Responsibility of the Category
- Member of Unitas Wholesale
- Tech Savvy Mobile App Ordering System
- Very Strong Export Offering
The Company: Our client is a multi-award winning London wholesaler. Established for two decades with a very strong presence within the South East. Company is in growth mode and they are expanding their export business across the world. Ambitious company looking for sharp individuals to help grow their business.
The Person: The successful Category Buyer must have had previous experience in the drinks industry and have come from a buying background. They must also be able to manage pricing, margins and budgets successfully.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Must have a buying background within Beers, Wines or Spirits
- Passion for drinks
- Driving licence
The Role: As a Category Buyer, you are responsible for the sales and profit of the Beers/Wines/Spirits category by ensuring the range, merchandising, stock and commercials (buying, selling, pricing) are in line with company policy and the stated, defined plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and implementing a category plan
- Monthly monitoring the performance of the plan
- Managing key supply partners through the category and agree joint business plans
- Ensuring that the business is up to date with the latest buying patterns
- Ensuring that the business is ahead of the competition with seasonal trends
- Negotiate commercial returns and mitigate risk
- Targeting, negotiating with and launching new suppliers
- Analyse and manage the core range to ensure stock levels are achieved according to shelf life/wastage
Salary: £45,000-50,000 with a 20% bonus