Regional Account Manager
REF: JN -032021-161167_1617201223
- Market leading global Manufacturer
- Industrial & Commercial OEM route to market
- Working closely with Applications Engineers to add real value
- Technical & design led sales process
- Very strong region in buoyant market
- Business looking to grow despite the pandemic – industry very busy
Salary: £35,000-40,000 basic salary + £7k-10k OTE + Pension + Company Car + Phone/Laptop
The Role: The role of Regional Account Manager will see you selling a range of electronic components and connectors used in a vast array of consumer & industrial electronics. Your role will be to deal with Design Engineers (50-60%), Applications Engineers, and Procurement teams within OEMs across the South of the UK. Most of your time will be spent in Hampshire, Sussex, Kent, and London, however there is a lot of potential business across the South West region to go at.
This is a field based technical sales role where you will utilise face to face meetings, as well as video consultations, to get the most out of your clients needs. As this is a design led process the Regional Account Manager will be reading technical drawings, specifying product into new designs, and working on long-term stock plans as prototypes become standard designs.
This is a predominantly account management focussed role, but there is scope for new business and someone who is able to do both will do well in this position.
The Company: Our client is a European leader in the manufacture of electronic components used in a wide array of applications. They are going from strength to strength and are looking to grow their technical capability to give their customers a much better experience throughout the design stage of the process. They have recently invested in new premises in Manchester and are heavily investing in personal development for people coming into the business both professionally & technically.
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Have an appreciation of selling to OEMs
- Understand Electromechanical or Electronic components
- Have the ability to have commercial & technical discussions
- Has the ability to read technical drawings
- A real people person who has good communications skills
- Full & Clean Driving licence
Candidate Location: Southampton, Crawley, Guildford,