Property Restoration Technician
REF: JN -092019-154155_1568207980
Do you enjoy being hands-on?
· Do you want to forge a new career in the property and construction sector?
· Do you have any trade skills?
· Are you personable, can you remain friendly and calm in a pressured environment?
· Fantastic opportunity to join a market leading company, offering fantastic training and career progression
THE OPPORTUNITY: Based from home, out in the field covering Truro and surrounding areas, you will be visiting properties, carrying out damage assessments of domestic homes which have been flooded or fire damaged. The flood damage may be from burst or leaking pipes or could also be via a natural disaster. After the assessment, you will be responsible for readying the property ready for the inhabitants. You’ll remove damaged goods, clean the impacted areas, and use various tools to dehumidify and monitor the property to ensure it has been successful and limit long term complications.
SUCCESSFUL EXPANDING COMPANY: Our client is a true market leader and an instantly recognisable brand name. Due to sustained growth and the winning of new contracts, they are looking to add to their technical team. They can offer ongoing training, career progression and the opportunity to enter a new sector.
Contracted 40-hour week
· You MUST live on a TR postcode to be considered
· You MUST be personable and empathetic
· Previous experience is not necessary as full training will be provided
· Basic IT literacy is essential
· You will be physically strong as the role requires an amount of manual handling and heavy lifting
· You need to have good English communication skills; verbal, written and reading
· Candidates with experience from the Armed Forces are urged to apply
· Any of the following disciplines would be an advantage, Joiner, Carpenter, Plumber, Painter, Decorator.
· A full UK driving licence with no more than 6 points is essential
· You MUST have full right to work in the UK
· £20,000 (OTE £23,000 – £26,000)
· On-call (1 in 4) £105
· 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
· Laptop/mobile/fuel card
BMS Performance specialises in engineering recruitment. We’ll enable you to develop your career. At the heart of our approach is listening. Getting to know you, your skills, experiences and most importantly what you want from your career.
We screen all candidates remotely allowing us to make sure we can accurately represent you when submitting your CV for a role.
If you have previously spoken to a BMS Engineering Consultant please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.