REF: JN -012019-148115_1547132332
Ellesmere Port / Cheshire Oaks
30-33k + Bonus
Overall purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the main objective of the PR Manager is to further develop the company profile by engaging with national, trade, regional and local media commenting on relevant sector events and maintaining the company position as thought leader.
Utilising media distribution and monitoring systems, the PR Manager is also responsible for sharing coverage – and other worthy content – across social media channels such as Twitter,LinkedIn andInstagram.
- Manage PR campaigns including liaising with our internal Lead Economist, Data Analyst and Research team to identify and qualify newsworthy stories, writing press releases and then distributing to key contacts or via press distribution services.
- Monitor key magazines/e-newsletters/blogs and feed any major industry developments or online/print coverage received and then circulate to client facing teams and update the Media coverage sections of the website.
- Manage and implement comprehensive social media marketing campaigns because of media coverage received, or identifying newsworthy content from elsewhere, either sharing links or repurposing content using an infographic etc. Social media presence is used as a channel to build a prospect base so activity must be consistent and targeted.
- Educate colleagues on the importance of media coverage and the use of social media channels.
- Supporting campaigns to include the writing of press releases, bespoke editorial, advertorials and gathering of information for reports etc. as well as supporting the brand at exhibitions where required.
- Industry networking – building presence and developing relationships with industry bodies, influencers and key media as required.
- Contribute to team meetings – be that the Marketing team, or the broader team to include the Lead Economist, Data Analyst and colleagues within the research team.
- Works with all members of the overall team to ensure all tasks are executed to agreed deadlines.
- Works closely with the overall team to take full advantage of opportunities for improved communication and product development.
- Works with offshore data input team to ensure consistent harvesting of relevant prospects for the sales team to follow up on.
- 5 years marketing experience including at least 2 years PR
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, combined with a high-level of self-motivation, an innovative approach to problem-solving and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good at prioritising and time management, working quickly and efficiently
- Well organised
- A keen attention to detail
- Good at hitting deadlines
- Works well with teams
- Good at learning and growing from experience
- Good at using own initiative
- Flexible and good at multi-tasking