REF: JN -072017-133333_1502607608
Exhibitions / Events / Sponsorship
Working for an industry leading national business in the Exhibitions, Events & Sponsorship fields this an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team in Manchester city centre.
The Marketing Manager will be expected to create and implement leading marketing strategies and tactical plans for a number of medium to large sized exhibitions on a national basis.
You will be expected to autonomously plan, budget and implement the marketing strategy and deliverables for exhibitions, working closely with the events team and the sponsorship and exhibition sales team to ensure each event is a commercial success.
- Identify and target the most commercially attractive target markets.
- Grow event revenue by adopting strategic and tactical processes that maximise media mix in order to generate prospect interest in events, drive awareness among existing customers and prospects with the overall aim of increasing new and repeat revenue.
- Create comprehensive marketing channels strategies and tools that maximise market penetration, customer reach, and profitability.
- Create promotional strategies that enable the creation of integrated campaign plans effectively targeting all points along the customer lifecycle and product conversion funnel.
- Manage a small team of marketing executives who support in the delivery of the marketing campaign for those exhibitions.
- Work with the content and sales teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of the target audience/prospects for your products
- Create a marketing universe for each product by mining the database, performing gap analysis, researching new lists and designing strategies/solutions where gaps exist
- Produce creative marketing plans to deliver sufficient attendees and drive profit for your events, including use of social media and PR where appropriate
- Manage and implement the marketing deliverables according to the plans
- Build relationships with event supporters, stake holders and media partners to access new data and marketing channels, including working closely with the exhibition sales team to increase delegate marketing carried out by the sponsors and exhibitors
- Measure response, perform tests and adjust accordingly
- Produce excellent copy, proof-read to a high standard and work with the team to produce quality marketing collateral
- Work closely with the Sponsorship and Delegate sales team to generate leads
- Minimum 3-4 years marketing experience within a commercial, B2B exhibition company
- Must have experience managing leads for delegate sales people
- Ability to plan and manage integrated marketing activities across a number of products simultaneously, including managing the event budgets
- Excellent understanding of Direct Marketing principles and practice
- Good IT skills, in particular; Excel and email marketing platforms
- Strong ability in traditional and more modern marketing techniques from email marketing to social and content marketing.