REF: JN -122018-147553_1549884268
- Exciting start-up technology events business
- Marketing Manager role running their EMEA events campaigns
- Managing a Marketing Executive and Delegate Sales team
- Digital marketing campaign activity - email, social, paid advertising, website
- Driving direct (marketing) and indirect (sales) event registrations for the events
The Role of Marketing Manager:
This is a great opportunity for a Marketing Manager to step up and manage a team (1 marketer and 3 delegate sales) and own the marketing campaign strategy for the EMEA portfolio of this events start-up. The business events portfolio focuses on how technology is innovating and allowing significant steps forward across several vertical sectors – finance, retail, building/construction, banking, insurance.
Working closely with the Marketing Manager (US) to act as brand guardians the role holder will be responsible for maintaining brand consistency globally. The Marketing Manager will create the marketing strategy and be expected to support the Marketing Executive with tactical execution. The company have technology systems including Microsoft Dynamics, Adestra, and Kulea to support a data-lead marketing ideology. The team have core targets to hit 60% of their event registrations from direct marketing, whilst having an overall sales and marketing team goal. This is a great opportunity to take on a bigger team and help grow this start-up business.
Responsibilities for the Marketing Manager role include:
- Creating a marketing strategy for around 10 EMEA paid conferences (200-500 attendees)
- Working with editorial, operations, production and sales teams
- Understanding technical content, and writing marketing copy to best capture the audience
- Utilising email marketing, social media, PR, SEO, PPC, Direct Mail and advertising to achieve goals
- Running pre-, during and post-campaign analysis of the campaigns and events to make sure of success
- Managing a team of four (one marketer, and three delegate sales people)
- Creating sales collateral when necessary
To be considered for the role of Marketing Manager you must have:
- At least 3 years’ marketing experience working in a B2B commercial marketing role
- Generated leads for the sales teams
- An understanding of events marketing
- Experience with email marketing, social media, updating website and SEO/PPC
- A working knowledge of marketing automation and lead scoring
- A relevant degree in marketing is desirable
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
The company: This is a start-up events business focused on how technology is innovating industry. They currently employ around 30 people across the UK and USA and are looking for continued growth in 2019. The business has a team of leading editorial employees that ensure the business are being a thought-leader across the industry. It is marketing that take this content and amplify it globally to drive revenue for the business. It is an exciting time to join so apply now!
The package for the role of Marketing Manager includes:
- Basic salary – £30,000-35,000
- 25 days holiday and travel to some of the events
Location: The position of Marketing Manager is based in Central London.
BMS Marketing Specialists have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office, please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.