Digital Marketing Manager
REF: JN -032019-149900_1555320358
- Financial publishing, business intelligence and events business
- Working in the subscriptions and events marketing team
- 70% of role - SEO audit, management, and improving 8 websites organic traffic
- 20% of role - Website audit, UX, CRO, Analytics to help make improvements
- 10% of role - paid media to drive additional traffic to site
The Role of Digital Marketing Manager:
The Digital Marketing Manager role will report to the Head of Subscription Marketing for this organisation and will be responsible for auditing, developing and leading a complete SEM overhaul of 8 brand websites.
This is not a technical hands-on digital role, it needs someone that is a digital marketing expert, ideally with hands-on experience of digital, and someone that can develop agency relationships to lead the SEM strategy. The role will have core objectives of:
- Increasing organic (70%) and paid (10%) website traffic
- Improving quality of website traffic
- Improving onsite conversion of traffic to acquire and retain customers
- Core KPI’s – traffic, registrations, logins, paywall hits, on-line sales
- Develop improved customer journey and user experience through testing and analytics
The company utilise analytics tools on their eight website platforms (WordPress and google analytics) as well as SEO (DeepCrawl). The successful candidate will have strong experience in Google Analytics, be able to use Excel to analyse and segment data, and ideally have a working knowledge of SEO tools (DeepCrawl, Moz, ScreamingFrog).
Responsibilities for the position of Digital Marketing Manager include:
- Setting and owning the customer acquisition and retention digital strategy via SEM channels across eight financial investment brands
- Working with the editorial teams to enlighten, educate, and provide guidance to ensure on page SEO optimisation of all our webpages is included in editorial workflows
- Utilising google analytics to monitor and investigate data for their eight websites – organic traffic, landing pages, bounce rates, time on site, and specific marketing channel success
- Working on Excel to run data reports, create pivot tables and graphs to show key stakeholders in the business
- Using CRO tools to increase conversion rates of traffic to registrations and registrations to revenue
- Working closely with our SEO agency to ensure we continually optimise our sites for search to improve rankings, traffic and conversion
- Working with our PPC agency to drive an ongoing advertising schedule to an agreed cost per acquisition
- Building stakeholder relationships in the team and across the global offices
To be considered for the role of Digital Marketing Manager you must have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a B2B digital marketing role
- Strong experience of SEO
- Worked with SEO and PPC agencies
- Developed websites to improve conversion rate
- Google Analytics
- A strong personality and ability to manage stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
The Company: This well respected and leading provider of business intelligence has been going for close to 20 years. The company are currently part way through their private equity cycle and have seen huge year on year growth across both turnover and profitability. The business has three global offices and exciting growth plans over the next few years. The division is looking to take on an experienced marketing executive but one they can train, develop and improve. This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking, forward-moving business.
The Package for Digital Marketing Manager:
- Salary: £40,000-45,000
- Benefits: Pension, Buy/Sell holidays, Season ticket loan
- Office hours: 9-5:30pm
Location: The position of Digital Marketing Manager will be based in Central London.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office, please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.