Development Coach - Level 4 Sales Executive Apprenticeship
A Development Coach plays a vital part in the learner’s journey. They are often seen as the face of the business, as they will be managing the relationship between BMS Performance, clients, and learners. The Development Coach is the person that coaches and mentors the Apprentices throughout the lifecycle of their studies, delivering structured feedback, and providing initiatives with learners to be able to evidence learning, embed the training into their day to day job and monitor their progress throughout the qualification.
BMS Performance is looking to recruit a Development Coach who will play a key role in the delivery of our Sales Apprenticeship programmes.
A Development Coach plays a vital part in the learner’s journey. They are often seen as the face of the business, as they will be managing the relationship between BMS Performance, clients, and learners. The Development Coach is the person that coaches and mentors the Apprentices throughout the lifecycle of their studies, delivering structured feedback, and providing initiatives with learners to be able to evidence learning, embed the training into their day to day job and monitor their progress throughout the qualification. You also need to work closely with a learner’s line manager to ensure they are clear on how to support their learners and provide them with sufficient opportunity and time to complete their work-based skills development activities and projects.
The Role: as a Development Coach, you will:
- Be passionate about learning and development and the value of apprenticeships, with a desire to develop and inspire others.
- Have experience and competence in B2B Sales or Account Management and present a professional, credible and knowledgeable approach.
- Experience of further education would be highly advantageous, although not a pre-requisite.
- Encourage and guide learners to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours within their day to day job role, considering individual starting points.
- Coach learners through skills development activities guiding them to build a portfolio of evidence utilising application logs.
- Support learners to meet the requirements of their 20% development time effectively.
- Follow designed curriculum, scheme of work and session plans, ensuring learners keep on track with their learning plan.
- Support learners to reach gateway by their planned end date, preparing them for success at end point assessment.
- Plan stretch and challenge activities to support learners to achieve distinction at end point assessment.
- Effectively manage a caseload of approximately 40 learners, applying suitable interventions with learners who may become disengaged.
- Regularly facilitate milestone reviews with learners and their line manager to discuss learner progress of knowledge, skills and behaviours of the standard, and impact the learner’s development has made in the workplace.
- To promote genuine equality, diversity and well-being in all aspects of apprenticeship delivery and take responsibility for the health, safety and safeguarding activities applicable to the role as set out in the organisation’s policy statements.
The Candidate – Development Coach
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
#BeAmazing – A natural drive to want to be the best they can be. To be able to anticipate potential outcomes and be ready to accommodate for all eventualities.
#BeExpert – An inquisitive nature, always striving to learner more and become an expert in their curriculum area and in their role as an educator.
#BeFearless – Be unafraid to make the important decisions, to manage learner and company expectations well, and to back themself.
#BeFair – A passion to always want to do the right thing, be quality driven in their approach and apply the intricacies of the Coach’s role fairly.
#BeTheTeam – To support team initiatives, recognise the importance of collaboration with others, and understand the positive contributions you are required to make in relation to the wider business goals.
Benefits of the role
- Flexible salary circa £30-32,000 per annum
- Quarterly bonus scheme worth up to 10% of salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Employee benefits scheme
- Incentives and rewards
The Company: Our culture is professional, hardworking, and transparent. We continue to evolve as a market leading, privately owned business, agile to change and reactive to market movement. Our proposition includes Graduate Development Programme, Sales & Sales Leadership training, and our Sales Apprenticeships provision.