Content and Community Lead
REF: JN -032019-149981_1555320692
- Content and Community Lead role
- Market-leading B2B media, publishing and events business operating in the TMT sector
- Create and manage the content and community marketing strategy for a portfolio of brands
- Experience of creating tailored content for different personas at different phases of the marketing funnel
- Highly analytical and creative role
The role of Content and Community Lead:
This role reports to the Marketing Portfolio Director and will manage a team of two content marketing specialists. The role will be responsible for defining and developing best practice for content creation, distribution and tracking and then implementing this across their portfolio content teams. The Content and Community Lead will take strategic ownership of the content marketing plan and calendar to drive community engagement, increase community membership, web traffic and conversion. This role will work closely with other content marketers, inhouse and external experts in the TMT sector, campaign marketers and sales teams to create commercially focused content campaigns.
The business is looking to expand their expertise in content marketing and require someone who can show proven success in developing audience understanding and personas, developing specific Top of Funnel (TOF), Middle of Funnel (MOF) and Bottom of Funnel (BOF) content, and have a key understanding of digital marketing tactics to amplify content (Social, email, website, paid media).
Day to day responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating and running a content marketing calendar for several digital communities
- Managing, developing and leading a team of two content specialists
- Leading best practice exercises for content marketing with the wider business
- Developing a deep understanding of the marketplace and the target audience
- Working closely with a network of industry specialists (internally and externally) who will produce regular content
- Thinking about trending topics and potential evergreen content to serve to the digital communities
- Pushing the importance of the latest SEO tactics with each piece of content that is being written
- Owning the digital product updates – website platforms and social communities
- Working with the wider marketing teams to weave your content strategies in to their overall campaigns
- Attending industry leading events to post up-to-date content
- Analysing each piece of content, the different channels and overall engagement and effectiveness
In order to do be successful in your application you must have:
- Worked in a B2B commercial content marketing role
- Experience in creating, developing and executing content calendars
- Knowledge of SEO (on-page) tactics
- A command of the English written language
- A rare combination of being an innovative thinker and creator of content, mixed with strong analytical skills
- Amplified content through digital marketing channels and platform
The package for the role of Content and Community Lead is:
- Basic salary – £37,000-42,000
- Bonus – 10-15% of basic salary
- Wider benefits
Location: The position of Content and Community Lead is based in Central London.
BMS Performance have spent years building strong relationships with leading companies. We can introduce you to the right companies for your skillset and provide guidance to help you get your next Marketing role.
If you have recently met with a BMS Consultant at our London office, please contact them directly to discuss this opportunity.