Business Development Manager - Life Science
REF: JN -042021-161451_1619097736
Location: Oxford OR Cambridge
Salary: £30K-£38K + company car or allowance + £15K OTE (uncapped)
- Top earners taking home £22K commission!
- Well established company in the life science industry
- Unaffected by Covid19 – have reported record months.
- Opportunity to nurture and develop a base of existing customers
- Targeting labs, biopharma and universities – 70% new business sales
- 3-4 days customer facing – home based role
The Role: You will be responsible for selling a catalogue of over 1000 products to the life science community in Oxfordshire OR Cambridgeshire, providing technical advice for customers and supporting their research. This exciting position will require you to be both proactive with your calls but also respond to incoming enquiries from companies on your call list. Your role will be split between new business (70% of the time) and account management (30% of the time), you will be responsible for nurturing your client base and offering support and upselling wherever possible. You will deal with various decision makers, including lab technicians, lab managers, procurement, PHD students and key opinion leaders.
The Company: As a well-known brand in their industry, cash rich and established over 35 years ago. They are constantly diversifying in order to offer a complete suite of solutions to end users. This company has been unaffected by Covid19, they have had record months over the last quarter!
We are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Must have a PHD/MSC qualification in science/medical field.
- Experience in laboratory techniques
- Confident, enthusiastic, motivated, credible and driven
- Driving license