Business Development Manager
REF: JN -072020-158546_1595255083
Business Development Manager (Field Sales) – £30K + uncapped OTE + Car & Excellent Benefits
Candidate Location: South West
Salary: £30,000 basic + £2,000 bonus Year 1, Year 2 uncapped
- Established 90 years, global business, 400+ UK staff
- Home based, lots of autonomy, service levels outstanding, they rarely lose an account
- Given time to develop your career – 3-month induction, great training and support structure
- 30k basic salary, uncapped comms, company car, 27 days holiday + all bank holidays!!
- Expansion role – business has grown during Covid
The Role: As a BDM you will be tasked with generating new sales for their contracted laundered workwear service. Typically selling 3-year contracts you will primarily targets industries such as Automotive, Rail, Construction and General Manufacturing. In targeting new accounts, the sales process is often more of a slow burn, target companies will already be in contract and so you will need to develop a pipeline of business. The sale itself is also consultative and lead times on average range from 3-4 months – with this they like people who can drive activity at the front end but have the patience to see the sales through.
The Company: A multinational, well established, 3rd generation family owned business. 3 UK sites audited and accredited at ISO 9001 standard. Looking to further expand and grow UK market share by moving into consumable sales alongside their existing contact laundered workwear space. Known for being a great company to work for as they offer fantastic training, supportive management and a generous holiday allowance which ties into their culture of promoting a good work life balance.
For this position, we are looking for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Any B2B face to face sales experience
- Experience of selling a contract service would be advantageous
- Tenacious enough to find opportunities but patient enough to work with a consultative sales process
- Live on territory – happy working autonomously once up to speed
- Autonomous, Clever, Hungry, Enthusiastic, Relationship Builder, Highly Motivated and Self-Driven
Benefits of this Regional Sales Manager role:
- Up to £30,000 base salary, plus uncapped bonus – Year 1 £2,000 Year 2 – £uncapped
- Fully expensed company car, laptop and mobile phone
- 27 days holiday + Bank Holidays